With concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to make you aware how Redeemer Bible Church is responding.
Our elders are continually monitoring this situation. We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and surrounding community.
ARE WE GATHERING FOR CHURCH ON SUNDAY?
Yes! We are gathering every Sunday for worship and throughout the week for connect group! We invite you to join us (see address below) at 9:30a each week for worship, or tune in to our Facebook Page at 9:30a for a livestream of Pastor Vic’s message.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS CAN PEOPLE TAKE TO PREVENT TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19?
We encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu, and other illnesses, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home if you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze.
- Disinfecting objects or surfaces regularly.
HOW SHOULD I RESPOND SPIRITUALLY TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
COVID-19 is yet one more reminder that we live in a fallen world. A world full of sickness, sin, suffering, and death. Nobody is immune to any of these things. And this is why the gospel is such good news.
Our God has not left us alone in this world of sickness, sin, suffering, and death. He has come to us in the person of Jesus. The greatest news in all the world is that Jesus lived a life with no sin, died on a cross to pay the price for our sin, and rose from the grave in victory over sin and death. Anyone, anywhere, who turns from their sin and trusts in Jesus will be forgiven of all their sin and restored to relationship with God forever. That means that through Jesus, we never have to fear sickness or death because we know we have eternal life with God.
If you do not know that you have eternal life with God, we urge you to put your faith in Jesus. And if you do know that you have eternal life with God, we urge you to share your faith in Jesus with others. Times like these remind us all of the fragility of life and the inevitability of death. So let’s spread the amazing news that death has been defeated and eternal life is available to all who trust in Jesus.
In addition to trusting in Jesus and sharing about Jesus with others, here’s some other ways you can respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Trust in God as the good and sovereign Creator and Sustainer of life upon whom we all depend.
- Pray for mercy for the sick, strength for doctors, insight for researchers, and wisdom for officials.
- Look for opportunities to love and care for others, whether they are sick, isolated, marginalized, poor, or oppressed.
- Avoid every semblance of prejudice or racism. In light of the origination of this virus in Asia, it has been grievous to see a rise in racist incidents against the Asian community. As we do in any circumstance, guard against all prejudice or racism in your thoughts, your words, and your actions.
- Even if we are unable to gather at certain times, stay closely connected to the church family. Gather with smaller groups as appropriate, and participate in worship gatherings online if that’s the only option.
- Continue to faithfully give financial offerings online HERE or by mail so that the ministry of the church thrives all the more in the midst of difficult days.
Reflect often on the brevity of life, the urgency of eternity, and the beauty of the gospel.
HOW CAN I BETTER UNDERSTAND THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
The best source for information is directly from The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization. The CDC states that the risk in the U.S. is still low. They will update this status regularly on their website. You can also find more information from the World Health Organization.