Redeemer Bible Church Stafford (Update)
For those who may not be aware, Redeemer Bible Church is planting a church in Stafford. Praise God! For all of you who have been walking through this process with us, Pastor Vic asked me to send out a short update to keep you up to speed on our progress.
Why are we planting a church?
- The local church is primary in God’s redemptive plan for sharing the gospel and making disciples. Those involved with this church plant have felt God’s calling and leading to be part of this commission in Stafford.
- The local church should be local. For the handful of families that drive from Stafford to Spotsy each Sunday, this church plant represents an opportunity to gather for worship and outreach in our community where we live, work, go to school and do life. Our aim is to strengthen and compliment, not compete with, the other biblically faithful Christian churches already established in Stafford.
- From the beginning, Redeemer Spotsy set out to be a church that plants churches. Sending out Redeemer Stafford is the first step towards this goal.
How will the church be organized?
- Unlike other church models, Redeemer Stafford will not be a satellite campus of Redeemer Spotsy but an autonomous cooperating church. This means that both churches will hold to the same core beliefs with regard to the Bible, theology and church governance/essentials (link to RBC cooperating agreement). We will also share the same name, Redeemer Bible Church, and continue to seek ministry partnerships together (i.e. orphan care, short term missions). However, Redeemer Stafford will be led by its own team of elders and ruled by the church members in Stafford.
Where will the church meet?
- Since Aug of ’21, North Stafford Baptist Church has expressed a desire to potentially join with Redeemer Stafford. We have held two combined church services with North Stafford Baptist and are in ongoing conversations with their elders about becoming one church. Should this happen, we will come together as Redeemer Bible Church of Stafford at their current location (11 Meadowood Drive, Stafford).
When will weekly Sunday church services begin?
- Since last October, we have been meeting weekly on Sunday evenings for small-group home Bible studies and once a month for church services at North Stafford Baptist.
- Our goal is to begin meeting for weekly Sunday services on August 21st.
How can you pray for us?
- Pray for unity between North Stafford Baptist and Redeemer Stafford.
- Pray that more people would be called and equipped to fill key leadership roles within the church (elders, deacons, ministry leaders).
- Pray that in all of this, the families of Redeemer Stafford would be filled with joy and stay focused on our primary mission of exalting God, growing disciples of Christ and making the gospel known through our words and deeds!
You can find more information on our website (redeemerstafford.org) and you are welcome to join us this Sunday from 5:30-7:00pm at 11 Meadowood drive for our monthly worship service and see for yourself what God is doing through Redeemer in Stafford.
On behalf of the elders and families that currently represent Redeemer Bible Church of Stafford, we genuinely want to thank each of you for your steadfast encouragement and prayers on our behalf. I can say without hesitation that Molly and I have never been a part of a church family that has supported and loved us like you have over the last three years. Your example has transformed our lives.
We love you, church.